Tuesday, 11 June 2013

Holy Feldman's!

On Queen's Birthday eve just past, I ventured out to Fitzroy to catch up with friends & enjoy some sweet soul tunes. I was promised good pizza and beers and I was not disappointed! The place I went to was Feldman's. Part bar, part restaurant and part cosy hangout, this place felt inviting once I stepped in the door. There was a bit of a wait for a table so at first chance possible, the nearest spot was grabbed. The girl working there informed us that there would be a wait on the pizzas as it was extraordinarily busy and there were two big groups on tables nearby that had just ordered. We ordered our chosen pizzas, and a mini bowl of popcorn was set down by the staff for us to snack on in the meantime. I thought this was a cute, kitschy idea and it immediately answered my question of why the place smelled like delicious buttery popcorn when I walked in. 

After a 30 minute + wait my pizza arrived and I was shocked by the size. I'd picked the:
 Pumpkin, gorgonzola, pine-nuts, rocket, and shaved parmesan pizza (less the pinenuts as I am allergic!).  The pizza was HU-MONG-O! I quickly set to work, devouring slice after slice.

 

The photo doesn't do the pizza justice, this size could definitely be shared by two people! I ate all but 2 slices so the pizza defeated me, as hungry as I was, but it was great. $17 was the damage and I thought was the appropriate pricing for this baby as it was huge, I'll say it again, HUGE.   

With the Sydney & Melbourne Pizza Festival 2013 (http://pizzafestival.com.au/) currently happening (Melbourne: June 10th to 30th 2013) and Feldman's featured as an event restaurant on the 23rd June, I would strongly encourage everyone to head there for a delicious hearty pizza. Bellissimo!

No comments:

Post a Comment