Thursday, 13 June 2013

Little Bluebird

On a rainy & cold Winter's day, I decided to venture out for a cafe lunch. After consulting The Age Good Cafe Guide 2012 I chose the place I was to go: Bluebird Espresso.

The place was picked as the food sounded good, and any place with Bluebird in the name sounds adorable! (So yes, that's how you professionally pick a place to eat...) I noticed it was in Collingwood, and it is located up near the Hoddle Street end of Johnston Street. The exact address: 
134 Johnston St,  Collingwood VIC 3066.

Not being too familiar with the area I only knew it was close by The Bendigo Hotel - which is funnily enough, NOT in Bendigo but directly across the road from Bluebird Espresso. I stepped inside the place and instantly was hit with warmth. It is a cosily decorated place. On each table sits a solitary bright coloured tulip in a teeny vase. The place is cheerful and neat and gives off a friendly vibe. After consulting the menu I chose a cappuccino (Espresso Syndicate) which I promptly gulped down, delightful!

I chose to eat: Toasted cornbread with avocado, bacon, green tomato salsa & cheese. It was phenomenal. All the flavours really worked well together, and the sweetness of the cornbread really hit the spot. I'm a huge fan of sweet & savoury meshed together so the bacon and cornbread together was a dream to my taste-buds. The size of the dish was a nice portion that made me feel pleasantly full. I wanted to have a dessert after, (The Portuguese tart was screaming for me) but I decided to pass and enjoy on my next visit.


Bluebird Espresso serve breakfast all day which I adore when eating out - it gives me many options and I'm a sucker for breakfast foods at any time of the day, any day of the week! In short: Bluebird Espresso is a great little place to stop to re-fuel and will leave you feeling very content.

No comments:

Post a Comment