Now I'll admit every time, (EVERY TIME) I thought of the name I broke out into an off key version of Jack & Diane by John Mellencamp. Actually, I'll pop in the YouTube video for you perusal right now - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h04CH9YZcpI You're welcome!
Okay...so this has gone completely off the topic. I'll get back to it. We arrived at Jack & Daisy (152B Cumberland Rd Pascoe Vale) around 11amish, hungry and ready to devour something brunchie. Firstly I enjoyed my (Coffee Supreme) cappuccino that was delightfully frothy and caffeine filled. I ordered the pancakes, a favourite of mine that is my go-to when I want something sweet for breakfast. They did not disappoint. The stack of pancakes covered with a generous serving of berries on top and finished with a dollop of lemon cream. Well.
Look at it! What a beautiful sight. I'm a sucker for food presentation so while I found the plate it sat on was way to big in comparison for the pancake stack, geez did it taste like pancake Heaven. The berries were the perfect taste, not too tart and didn't make the bite too heavy in association with the cream. And the fact the cream was lemon infused? Excellent. I felt this was another goal kicked for breakfast/brunch dates and I won't hesitate to go back at a future time to try another dish from the menu.
No comments:
Post a Comment